VirtualBox: VD: error VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND


I always make backups of important data and my virtual drives in Virtual Box are no acception. I recently bought a new system and copied over my virtual drives. But they would not work straight away. I would create a new VB in the manager and link my VB file, but it would not open it. I kept getting this error in Virtual Box...

VD: error VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND opening image file

Luckily, there is an easy fix...

Go to File > Virtual Media Manager

Now delete the failed hard drive reference. In the settings for your VM also remove the failed disk.

Click on SATA and the little Add HDD icon to the right. Select our original image you were trying to use.

Close and save and get out of Virtual Box and then restart it. Your original Virtual Box drive should boot right up now!

This is one of those rare articles no one will probably ever need to use, but if it helps one other person it was worth it!
SHARE

About Happy Goodwill

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 comments: